The purpose of the mentorship program is to tap into the existing knowledge, skills, and experience of fellow former Northern California Cherry Blossom Court members for individuals who seek development both personally and professionally.
How can I participate?
If you are interested in participating in our Mentorship Program, please fill out our application here. For the 2021 Mentorship Program, applications are due Saturday March 6th, 2021.
I got my Mentor/Mentee, now what?
Once your application is submitted, the CBA board will work to find the best mentor/mentee match for you! We will share the name and email address of your new mentor/mentee, it’s up to you to set up your initial meeting. Whether you’d like to meet in person or virtually, it’s up to you! We recommend a cadence of meeting once every 1 or 2 months. After a year, you can continue to see your mentor/mentee, or apply again for a new pairing the following calendar year!
1. Make a commitment to making the time to meet at least once a quarter for a year, which can be virtual
2. Mentors and Mentees both commit to proactively stay in touch with one another throughout the year.
3. Choose a method of communication that works best for you both.
4. Keep the content of the conversations confidential
Tips for Mentees:
1. Always be on time! If you have to reschedule, give your mentor at least a 48 hour notice.
2. Come prepared with questions & topics you’d like to get advice on.
3. Thank them for their time.
Tips for Mentors:
1. Take interest in your mentee
2. Give feedback – honest and constructive
If you have any questions or would like more information, please email us a firstname.lastname@example.org.